VIRTUAL REALITY (VR)
Virtual Reality (VR) has one of the greatest potentials for the industry to become a real game changer. Innovative companies are already using VR to optimize their processes, access information faster and give easy access to company data also to non-technical personnel and save time and money with these new methods. Additionally, it is used in a very advanced way to provide any kind of training with proven highest retention rate of all training methods.
Typical industries using VR are Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Facility Management.
- Engineering Review
- 3D Virtual Reality review of the engineering online from non-local organizations via the Internet.
- Reduces errors in the engineering phase and therefore, heavy costs for error corrections in later stages of the project.
- Reduces time needed for sending documents.
- Eliminates former paper based processes and complicated redlining.
- VR Training:
- Significantly improves personal safety through virtual training in the as-built environment.
- Unique and immersive training experience with easy, fast and game-like navigation.
- Efficient training of cooperation and interaction within and between teams.
- Counteracts the increasing shortage in experienced personnel.
- High value for dangerous and remote working environments (e.g. oil and gas industry).
- Training can be started before the real plant is taken into operation which results in earlier production and additional turnover.
COMOS Walkinside Brochure: