VIRTUAL REALITY (VR)
Virtual Reality (VR) has one of the greatest potentials for the industry to become a real game changer. Innovative companies are already using VR to optimize their processes, access information faster and give easy access to company data also to non-technical personnel and save time and money with these new methods. Additionally, it is used in a very advanced way to provide any kind of training with proven highest retention rate of all training methods.
Typical industries using VR are Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Facility Management.
- Engineering Review
- 3D Virtual Reality review of the engineering online from non-local organizations via the Internet.
- Reduces errors in the engineering phase and therefore, heavy costs for error corrections in later stages of the project.
- Reduces time needed for sending documents.
- Eliminates former paper based processes and complicated redlining.
- VR Training:
- Significantly improves personal safety through virtual training in the as-built environment.
- Unique and immersive training experience with easy, fast and game-like navigation.
- Efficient training of cooperation and interaction within and between teams.
- Counteracts the increasing shortage in experienced personnel.
- High value for dangerous and remote working environments (e.g. oil and gas industry).
- Training can be started before the real plant is taken into operation which results in earlier production and additional turnover.
Immersive Operator Training with COMOS Walkinside
AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) AND MOBILE DATA MANAGEMENT
Augmented Reality (AR) is the latest technology to access data even faster and more efficiently. Known mainly from the gaming industry, GATS is bringing AR technology to a professional environment with UBIK. ‘Mobile Data Management, Augmented Reality enabled’ provides every employee with the necessary information from company systems (eg: Maintenance, ERP, Engineering and Document Management Systems) streamed on their mobile devices when they are out of office and/or on the site. Data inputs and updates are immediately sent back wirelessly and paperless to the original systems to guarantee data consistency and delay free updates. Augmented Reality is able to navigate the user to the location of the equipment and automatically displays additional available company information, in order to rightly execute the necessary task like commissioning, maintenance, inspection or is used for data acquisition proposes.
- Mobile Data Management
- All company data (from different original systems) is available on a mobile device.
- Bidirectional (read/write) interface.
- Immediate feed-back from the field reduces execution time and enables timely management analysis (status of tasks and projects).
- Better execution quality.
- Electronic data exchange eliminates long lasting and erroneous paper processes.
- Easy to use mobile devices enables everyone to use valuable company data.
- Reduced execution time through immediate, paperless data output/input.
- Augmented Reality enabled:
- Supports navigation to the equipment, no more time consuming searching.
- Helps finding correct data by automatic recognizing equipment in question.
- Ex-Proof mobile devices Zone 1 and 2 are available.
Inspection with UBIK - Augmented Reality supporting daily routines
Providing Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality with the correct data is the basis and key for its success. With its unified data platform the integrated, software solution COMOS provides plant design engineers, plant operating personnel, company management and engineering partners with a continuous flow of consistent data that meet their specific needs across all project phases. From FEED to basic and detailed engineering (mechanical, piping, instrumentation, electrical, automation) and also to Operations (maintenance, inspection and asset management), all data in drawings, reports and lists are available data consistent as intelligent documents.
- One single Database enables data consistency within all engineering disciplines:
- Better engineering quality.
- Parallel engineering drastically reduces necessary efforts and project lead time.
- Intelligent documentation, drawings, lists and datasheets
- All COMOS documentation is intelligent and based on the ‘one single database’ approach.
- No matter where data is changed, COMOS will keep it consistent.
- Severely reduced efforts for project documentation.
- Real Asset Management from the first day of the plant even during the engineering stage:
- From FEED to basic to detailed engineering, your asset gets more and more details to facilitate Asset Management with all the plant details during Operations
- Operation’s activities:
- Uniquely in the market, COMOS is using the original and intelligent data from engineering for Operations (Maintenance, Inspection) and Asset Management.
- Heavily reduced handover time and handover costs.
- No additional Maintenance, Inspection or Asset Management tool necessary.
Movie for Engineering/EPC:
Movie for Operations/OO:
COMPUTER AIDED FACILITY MANAGEMENT (CAFM)
Computer Aided Facility Management is the next major step in the smart city approach, especially in Dubai/the Middle East. Integrating all the data and information established from the Engineering and Design part of a building in a Building Information Model (BIM) is already mandatory in most countries, including Dubai. Making this information usable, enriching it by and adding necessary Facility Management data is enabling Building Maintenance professionals to:
- Speed up reaction times to solve a problem or fix unplanned incidents.
- Build up a professional maintenance plan for regular checks or maintaining activities.
- Automize Maintenance by connecting Building Automation/Information Systems with the CAFM tool, visualize any warning or malfunction to react and fix it before becoming a problem.
- Facilitate any report required for compliance, statistical and documentation reasons.
- Access easily all available building information digitally and in 3D instead of searching for paper
- Reduce execution efforts and execution time by being prepared upfront
- Have all information at your fingertips, easily searchable in 3D of by search functions in form of screen display, exportable lists, Excels sheets, statistics, self-definable reports
- Be ready to report all statistics of your activities for management reports or compliance necessities